On our last day of traveling, we were able to stop and stay with our friends Bill and Joan in Penn
sylvania. While there I met a new friend Philip, their grandson. We had a great time and I tried really hard not to get him into too much trouble :)We had a wonderful time visiting and for me a wonderful nights sleep! Ahhhh, I forgot what a quiet room sounds like!
So that morning as we were driving I said to my dad, " I wonder if we are near Punxsutawney Phil." You know....the famous Groundhog!!! You see, Groundhog day is one of my favorite holidays ( Feb. 2) because it is so absolutely ridiculous! How can you not laugh at it! Well my dad said he didn't think we were. Well a couple of hours later as I was gazing out the window I saw a sign for Punxsutawney PA!!!! I screamed with delight and realized it was only 20 miles away from our friends house! Well, this was just too convenient.
So as you have guessed, I was able to visit my friend Punxsutawney Phil in person. Quite amazing. But of course he was taking his morning nap and was not being very cooperative. Oh well. We managed to snap a few photos anyways.
It was a great way to end our road trip....visiting friends and a groundhog!


6 comments:
that thing is huge!
Bridge, I miss you sooo much! Can't believe that you are on the wrong side of the country. I loved the pictures of your trip, give my love to your Mom and Dad.
You remain in our prayers. Love, Susan
you saw the groundhog! that is hilarious. I missed that last post apparently. Now you need to find time to post about being back in NS! Get on that!
hey bridget its phil from Dubois.
that was a great day when we saw the groundhog ttyl phil:]
Bridget
Thanks for sharing your blog with me!
Dina
dinatoscano.blogspot.com
Bridget, can you send us your parents' email. Yours too. We want to add them to our address book. We received a nice Christmas update on the family. We are doing well. Kelsey is living with us and working on a college degree. She spent a year in Manhattan and a couple of years at the National Conservatory of Dramatic Arts. Ashley got married last year and is doing well -- she has a nice husband, Wesley. God bless you. Our email is hammerud@comcast.net
Post a Comment